Monday, September 2, 2019

Feedback Thoughts

The article "A Simple 5-Second Habit to Rewire Your Harshly Self-Critical Brain" taught a lesson that I think everyone should listen to. It spoke about how when setting goals, minor setbacks should not ever completely cause those goals to break down. The author used the analogy of ants forming a line, and when that line got broken, it would always reform. In my life, I have often set goals for myself that did not come to fruition immediately, or led me in a path that I did not initially intend. However, I have learned that sticking to that path has caused me to be more driven and more successful as a result.

The article "Why rejection hurts so much - and what to do about it" actually provided an interesting insight into something that we come across every day. In the age of social media, it is often confounding that people care so much about numbers and opinions, yet it makes complete sense when looking at it introspectively. If rejection hurts because we are too critical of ourselves, it makes sense that other's opinions might help shape our own self-concept. This is something that I have absolutely dealt with myself, and I think its important to keep things in perspective whenever we face rejection, whether that be socially, romantically, or professionally. 

Rejection often makes us self-critical, Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment