Saturday, August 31, 2019

Topic Brainstorm

Storybook ideas:

1. The Bachelor

The story of Cupid and Psyche has been told many times, in many different ways. I've always found stories like this interesting, and my older sister loved Beauty and the Beast growing up so naturally I've watched the film more times than I'm proud of. I think an interesting perspective on this topic would be to format it in the modern era and have Psyche be a contestant on the Bachelor. It would be fun to incorporate the drama that is too often found in the show to the dramatic woes that the main characters go through in the story.


2.  Conspiracy Theories

I've loved Egyptian mythology since I was a kid, and for the longest time the only books I would read were Rick Riordan's "The Red Pyramid" series. I've always loved how many options there are for variations on classic myths, and considering the conspiracy theories surrounding the Great Pyramids of Giza, I think it would be very fun to incorporate the gods and heroes of Egyptian mythology into backstories and, in the process, take the "wonder" out of these Wonders of the World.


3. Origin Stories

In Native American myths, there are often many hybrid characters, which I found fascinating. I think in many religions, these hybrids serve as a connection between nature and humanity, or the divine and humanity. I think it would be very interesting to show the backstory for these figures, and would be a good chance to be creative about things that might otherwise be difficult to explain.


4. Lost Underground

This story would be a play on Dante's Inferno, which I have always been fascinated with. Although it might be closer to fiction than fact, I think a story where a teenager and his friends get sucked into a hole in the ground, and end up inside Dante's Inferno, just trying to get out. One could feasibly go through all three parts of his Divine Comedy, ending with them getting out.


No comments:

Post a Comment