Thursday, August 22, 2019

Carol Dweck's Growth Mindset

Attending one of the most academically competitive high schools in the country, it was very rare that I took a class that did not require me to work or think in ways I hadn't before. Without knowing, I was constantly engaging in the growth mindset, because my peers were doing the same. I had heard of Carol Dweck's ideas before, although not by name, while studying for the MCAT this summer. I think that having an open and motivated attitude towards learning is incredibly important to seeing improvement. Psychological state is critical to motivation, and learning is not done if there is not motivation to do so. I do hope that taking this class allows be to learn in ways I hadn't before, as well as requires that I continually have a growth mindset when approaching new topics and ideas. After all, the human brain's capacity for long term memory is limitless, and there is so much to learn.
The Learning Pit, @LBHackbarth

No comments:

Post a Comment