Monday, August 19, 2019

Lago di Como - My Favorite Place

Italy is full of gorgeous landscapes and rich history, but during the month I spent there last summer, Lake Como was undoubtedly the most breathtaking. Its quaint towns dotted the southernmost parts of the Alps; as serene as they were dramatic, they were a sudden change from the cosmopolitan energy of Milan, where we had been the day before. Although I had been to other incredible places during the summer, including the Cinque Terre and the Amalfi Coast, the mountains of Como were unique in that they completely surrounded the lake, making visitors feel as if though they were in a sort of enclave, untouched by the happenings of the outside world. I cannot wait to go back.

June 2018, personal image

June 2018, personal image


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Como: how wonderful, Rohan! I've spent time in Italy, and I've been to Milan, but I never got to Como. I hope you will get to go back soon... and I hope I get to visit Italy again soon myself! If you want to do an Italian project for this class, there are so many great Italian options, from Dante and Boccaccio to all kinds of folktales and fairy tales: Italy books at the Freebookapalooza.
    With links in Blogger, you can create link text and not show the URL; that's easier on the eyes, esp. for long web addresses. So your link here could be: Pixabay. You can give that style a try in your next post and see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rohan,

    Your pictures look beautiful! I've never been to Italy but I really want to go now and walk down those narrow cobblestone roads like in the first picture. I bet the food there is amazing! And there's so many places to see over there such as the Colosseum and the Sistine Chapel. I'm definitely going to have to add that to my bucket list. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete