Monday, August 26, 2019

Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables: The Lion

Out of all the stories discussed, the one (or collection of stories) I liked the most was Aesop's fables. There were four different fables, each with a lesson at the end, and I liked how concise they were, while still being able to tell a story and teach something.

These fables all come from The Fables of Aesop by Joseph Jacobs (1894) Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables: The Lion
  • The Lion's Share
    • I was confused as to where this story was going at first, and it definitely had a lesson that I was not expecting
    • I do think that even though the fable was written years ago, it still echoes the balances of power and inequalities present today.
  • Androcles and the Lion
    • This story was much more wholesome, and I enjoyed reading it
  • The Lion and the Statue
    • This story was very representative of media bias today
    • I love how relevant the fables still are
  • The Lion in Love
    • This story made me sad, because the humans completely played the lion for a fool
Overall, I liked how the lion was used in a variety of ways, not the normal beast we usually think of it as.

No comments:

Post a Comment